Saturday, September 20, 2008

Some Alarmforce Stories

Hopefully this information keeps others for falling into the Joel Matlin Alarmforce trap
Source: http://blog.eagleinbc.com

AlarmForce Annoyance
Published by Cameron at 7:54 am under Business, Customer Service, General, Technology
Since I seem to be on a bit of a rant this morning, I figure, why stop at toy recalls!
I have had an alarm system from AlarmForce for a couple years now. Overall, I’m not very impressed with there alarm system. They advertise a free alarm system, but there “free system” doesn’t include much, so you end up buying lots of add-ons to actually make it worth having an alarm from them. Without getting into the technical details, I’ll just say
that in my line of work, I’ve seem considerable better equiped systems out there. But until my contract is up in another 2 years, I’m stuck with them.
Back to my point though. About a week ago, I started getting a message from my system that it has a low system battery. So, I called up the Technical Support line, and was told that for $19, they’ll mail me a new battery. Maybe it’s me, but this seems like a load of crap. I did not have to purchase the system itself, I have not done ANYTHING to the system that would cause this “rechargable” battery to not hold a charge, and yet, after 2 years, it won’t charge. Personally, I think that they should replace it free, and send someone out with it. If the power goes out now, and someone breaks in, I don’t have an alarm. You’ll be sure that I’ll be holding AlarmForce accountable then.
Maybe I’m wrong.. But I don’t feel like a “valued customer”.. certainly not a satisfied one.
3 Responses to “AlarmForce Annoyance”
# AlarmForce - The Follow-Up Post! « Cam I Amon 03 Oct 2007 at 8:17 pm
[…] I’d leave a follow-up comment on AlarmForce. A few weeks ago, I put a post up about my disatisfaction with how AlarmForce handled my back-up battery replacement. The battery arrived, about three days after this post. […]
# Jonon 17 May 2008 at 12:30 pm
In April, 2008, Alarm Force stopped my wireless line cut protection without notifying me that they required a system upgrade, yet continuted withdrawing money from my account for both April and May 2008. They told me I wasn’t being monitored at all. So for two months they were stealing my money and providing no service!
Alarm Force refuses to release me from the contract even though they broke their end of the contract! I have contacted the Better Business Bureau, my bank is investigating, and I am also going to contact my State Attorney General’s Office.
Alarm Force is a total fraud. They stole my money for two straight months and did not provide the service I signed for. Further, they tried to extort me into paying for a system upgrade at the same time they told me I was not being monitored!!! Either I pay more money than I signed for in the original contract, or I am not monitored! Yet, they want to lock me into this contract for the remainder of the term or force me to pay the remainder of the contract which would be almost $550. Yea right….. they’ll never see a dime. And if they put it on my credit, I will fight them to the bitter end in court.
Alarm Force is OUTRAGEOUS.
# Fredon 24 May 2008 at 8:57 am
Alarmforce ?Duh !.I complained to the installer that the cat would trigger the motion detector. He ignored me. The cat did set off the alarm and I got a $75 bill from the municipality for a false alarm call. I called Alarmforce - they were RUDE, and said “how can we know why it happened, we weren’t there”.
They are still sending invoices with GST at 6% for services received in 2008 !.
Joel Matlin - “Mr. Cardboard Cut-Out” - you suck, bite me !

No comments:

Post a Comment